note: "visits" & "meet & greets" ARE not currently available. Pickup appointments are held outdoors and will be scheduled after a down payment is received.
The care, health, and well being of my animals is my first priority, so if you have any concerns or questions at any point in your research or adoption process please reach out; there are no silly questions!
• Choosing a baby: browse our babies pages for pygmy hedgehog, long ear hedgehog or sugar glider babies and choose from those available by photo and make a down payment on the one of your choice. (Visiting to choose a baby in person is not currently an option due to covid. Yes we realize that this is not ideal, but I work out of my home and have a family. Thank you for your understanding, and respecting our health and safety, as well as yours.) If you need help choosing a baby based on certain personality traits that you're looking for please email me and I will be happy to make recommendations.
• Once you have reserved a baby online you will get a down payment confirmation email within 24 hours. This email will include information about caring for your baby as well as a link to fill out a contract and schedule your pickup appointment. Pickup is at my home in Lyme, CT. Delivery and shipping is not available.
• You will get care information, bonding articles, and recommendations for ebooks sent by email. I'm also available to answer any questions you have as you prepare for your new addition.
• I do sell habitat kits that include everything needed for your new pet. The kits usually need to be purchased in advance to be ready for your pickup appointment, but you can email me to see if I have any in stock. They can be purchased online here: | hedgehog supplies | sugar glider supplies.
• Shortly before pickup you will get a pickup confirmation email with the address of my home for pickup, and information on where to park, etc. Please follow pickup instructions and pay close attention to the directions to get to my home.
• Your baby will go home with a starter bag of food that he/she is used to. This is meant to be used for mixing with the food you have at home to help switch foods. I will have larger bags of hedgehog food available at pickup for purchase, and it can be purchased online at www.TheHedgehogStore.com and shipped if you choose to continue to use it.
• Hedgehogs go home with a fleece blanket in a small cardboard carrier. For trips longer than one hour I recommend that you bring a more ventilated carrier, such as a small pet or cat carrier, large cardboard box, or even just a friend that can hold them on their lap. Quite often I do have large cardboard boxes, just ask.
• Sugar gliders go home in a bonding bag. This bag should not be opened after leaving my home until it is safely inside the cage in your home. I know it's hard, but I have seen customers lose a glider in their car.
• Your balance is due before or during your pickup appointment . I accept cash with exact change, venmo, or, debit, credit, and PayPal with a 4% service fee.
When you come to pickup your baby I will be happy to answer any questions you have, and I'm available for any questions you have about your pet any time in the future. Many questions are answered on the policies page, as well as on the pygmy hedgehog care , long ear hedgehog care, sugar glider care pages.
RESERVE A PET
A DOWN PAYMENT
choose by photo and description. email or text for more information on each animal if needed.
RECEIVE An EMAIL
WITH A LINK
TO SCHEDULe a pickup appointment
fill out a short questionnaire
on how you'll care for your pet
+ non-breeding contract & health guarantee.
pay balance due
cash • venmo • card • paypal
follow pickup instructions emailed.