By adopting from the Breeder, the Buyer agrees to abide by all policies set forth in this contract.
• The animal is sold as a pet only. Breeding is prohibited.
Failure to to abide by this policy will result in legal action by the Breeder. All court fees will be paid for by the Buyer. The Buyer will then return the animal to the Breeder, as well as any offspring and monetary profit acquired from the sale of any offspring.
• The Breeder guarantees that the animal adopted by the Buyer, to the best of my knowledge, is free of disease/defect.
• The Buyer agrees to have a wellness exam done by a licensed veterinarian within the first 30 days of the release of shelter in place or lockdown mandates in the buyer's state (due to coronavirus 2020) in order to activate the Health Guarantee set forth here.
• There is a 3 month congenital Health Guarantee on baby animals under 6 months of age.
• There is a lifetime Health Guarantee against WHS on hedgehogs. To obtain a replacement hedgehog under the WHS Health Guarantee, the buyer must provide proof that a wellness exam was completed by a licensed veterinarian within the first 30 days of the release of shelter in place or lockdown mandates in the buyer's state, a necropsy report from a licensed veterinarian if the hedgehog has died or is suspected of having WHS, or a signed statement from a licensed veterinarian detailing the congenital defect. There must be medical proof of a problem (x-ray, blood test, etc). The Health Guarantee will not be honored based upon assumption. All claims will be verified with the licensed veterinarian issuing the determination. All veterinary costs, medicine costs, cremation costs, necropsy report costs, or any other associated costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. The Health Guarantee does not cover these costs, nor does it entitle the Buyer to a refund of the purchase price of the hedgehog and/or any accessories. The Health Guarantee entitles the original Buyer to a replacement hedgehog of their choice. If the Buyer is entitled to a replacement hedgehog and none are available, the Buyer will be placed at the top of the Breeder’s waiting list.
• The Breeder will not replace the animal if something happened to it due to negligence, injury, improper diet, or a neglect related illness.
• This Health Guarantee does not cover mite infestations, upper respiratory infections, gastrointestinal infections, etc.
Refunds & Returns
• The Breeder will take an animal back at any time, but no refund will only be given. There are no refunds on cage setups, accessories or food.
• If at any time the Buyer decides that the animal is not the right pet or circumstances change, the animal must be returned to the Breeder at the Buyer’s expense/time. The Breeder does make exceptions - if the Buyer has already found a wonderful home, for example. In this case, the Buyer must contact the Breeder in order to update records.
The Buyer acknowledges that the use of any other food, bedding, toys and heating elements then that recommended by the Breeder, as indicated by emails and on the www.secthedgehogs.com website, may be harmful or fatal to the animal.
We, the Breeder and the Buyer, do hereby acknowledge this to be a true and binding contract. We agree, and make absolute promise, to fully abide by its terms and conditions.
By filling out and submitting this form, the Buyer agrees to abide by all policies listed here and posted on the website, www.sectexotics.com.