Hedgehog Boarding Request Confirmation
Your request has been received.
Once your request is reviewed you will receive an email with the information below and confirmation if the dates/times requested are available.
What to bring:
1. Food (unless your hedgehog is on our food mix).
2. Copy of your most recent wellness checkup from within the last year, if you have one.
3. The boarding contract will need to be filled out and signed before drop off. To speed up the process you can read it (click here); or feel free to print it, fill it out and bring it along (it must be printed double sided on a single sheet).
4. Your balance is due in cash with exact change at the time of drop off. Credit cards and paypal is also accepted, with a 4% service fee. I do not accept checks.
5. Feel free to bring a special blanket or snuggle sack, but leave all of your other items at home. Please label your items with your last name.
Please come on time. Often appointments are scheduled back to back (especially Saturdays) or other obligations do not allow for flexibility, so please email or text 860-598-0844 (This phone number does not accept calls. Please keep in mind for future use to only text between 9am and 7pm) as soon as you know that you are going to be more than 15 minutes late/early so I can try to accommodate you.
When using a GPS, it will send you to my neighbor’s house and sometimes to Old Lyme. I live in Lyme, off of Blood Street or Avenue B. Sometimes the GPS will say Old Lyme and send you to Lyme so check the cross roads. Google maps offers accurate directions. If you are coming from the North and you're sent down Route 2/Route 11, I recommend trying to re-route using Route 9/I-95 to avoid 20 minutes of backroads. My address is 4 Oak Street, Lyme, CT.
My house is a red ranch with 2 mailboxes (with #4 hedgehog stickers), a hedgehog flag near the mailboxes, and a wide stone driveway with a fence at the top of it.
Please park in front of the big tree under the hedgehog sign or along the road near the mailboxes. Please do not block the road or park behind other cars in the driveway.
Unfortunately, my home is not handicap friendly. If you need assistance, I am more than happy to come out to your car, please let me know prior to your appointment.
Although I don't allow visitors into my "hedgehog room" for their safety, please come to my front door upon arrival and I will meet with you in the front room.
In case of allergies, you should know that I have dogs.